Thursday, January 5, 2012

NYE - Long Hair Don't Care

I have to admit, I am anti big holiday's out at the bars. Nothing gives me more anxiety than an  paying money to be in an overcrowded bar with poor service and no way home. This Year NYE was a little different...

Ashley, Merideth and Gus came over to our house for a sleepover. Thank goodness Gus came along to provide some male companionship for big Lu. Chrissy & Roberto came over after they had dinner in the neighborhood to bid farewell to 2011 and toast 2012. IT was the perfect blend of amazing food, wine, and company in the comfort of our own home.

See, he thinks we are crazy



We consumed an absurd amount of food:
  • Ashley & Mer brought over a ridiculous amount of appetizers: seriously any type of cheese that you could buy at TJ's and WF = crackers (of course some gluten free ones for me), spicy jams, chips, artichoke dip
  • I made some spicy sausage balls, that went excellent with the jams- DUNK
  • For dinner- We roasted a leg of lamb that we had marinated for over a day, mushroom risotto, and roasted asparagus
  • Desert was the crown jewel and my new go to- Flourless Chocolate & Cream Cheese Cake! It was delicious and I will definitely be making it again.
Long Hair, Don't Care.
Thank you for my jammies Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment