Wednesday, January 18, 2012

sugar pie HONEYBELL


Sugar Pie Honey Bell....... You know that I Love YOU!!

Just when you think the "holiday's are over" blues is in full effect, the most amazing thing happens: Nannie and Poopa (my grandparents) send you a case of honeybells! This remarkable, and sweet fruit is so juicy it comes with a bib!
Honeybells are even that much more special to me this year.  Last year, around this time, Poopa suffered a stroke and had to undergo surgery. I left work early, went to church and cried the entire walk back to my apartment. When I reached my front door step my honeybells arrived with a note  " We miss you- Love Nannie and Poopa." I took it as a sign and you know what??? Poopa came through the operation with flying colors!

This year, not only am I thankful for this January's pick me up of a delicious snack, but also I am so so lucky to have such amazing grandparents in my life to send me such a nice treat.

It is funny how life progresses: growing up Jennifer, Dennis, my parents and I would fight over the box, rationing them out daily. I have since learner how to share (sort of) and now am packing a honeybell in Luis and my lunches every day.

Honeybells are only available in January So Hurry up and get your own today!

Did you know: Honeybells are a hybrid fruit consisting of a cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit. The Duncan grapefruit and the Dancy tangerine are both known for their sweet taste and juiciness. Their natural hybrid cross has created the Honeybell. Both the tangerine and grapefruit have seeds, but the Honeybell is seedless. The official name of the Honeybell is Minneola Tangelo

No comments:

Post a Comment