Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pizza Night- Paniagua Style

Pizza night is a favorite of ours. There is nothing like homemade pizza on the couch with a glass of wine.


One of the things that I miss the most about my pre-celiac days is the ability to go out and grab a pizza (late night, and during the day). Pity me no more. Not only are there tons of restaurants with delicious GF crusts, thanks to Bob's Red Mill GF Pizza mix, I can whip up a pizza in no time. One mix actually yields two pizzas, so you can pop one of them in the freezer. Saturday night, I defrosted a dough mix in the microwave, let it rise and played my own version of chopped and assembled a delicious veggie pizza with leftover veggies from the week ( I usually grocery shop on Sunday's with the rest of the world).

Paniagua's Personal Pan Pizza 1-7-12:
I normally make my own sauce (usually meat) from scratch. This time, I used a jar of Rao's Arrabbiata Sauce. Although Rao's is more expensive then your standard jarred sauces, it is well worth it.
-roasted garlic in the oven w. some kosher salt and olive oil
- caramelized one onion
- 1.5 green peppers
- thinly sliced up some portabella mushrooms
- sliced olives
- dollops of part-skim ricotta
- fresh Basil
- Good Mozzarella- This is Key.  You can get the fresh balls in the food store, believe me it is worth the extra money than the shredded bags. You can get really great prices of mozz at Costco!
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano

Assembly: Follow the instructions on Bob's packaging to make the dough. Once the dough is partially cooked, layer your toppings: First the sauce and spread around with the back of a spoon, small dollops of ricotta, then put the thinly slice fresh mozzarella down. Then you can sprinkle the veggies throughout. Rip up some fresh basil and sprinkle some freshly grated pecorino roman  (or parmesan) on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment