Tuesday, January 10, 2012

'mouse in a pot'



Oh the adventures of owning a home....
Photo Credit: Stephanie Wright
On Sunday, my friend Stephanie was over and we were mulling over pinterest when she noticed a mouse trap. "Do you guys have mice?" she asked. Obviously she is not an avid reader of this blog, so I explained to her about the mouse in our Christmas tree and how we caught him. I said  that we thought we were all done (jinxed ourselves of course), when all of a sudden, Gus from Cinderella strolls across the living room, in the middle of the afternoon! I ran to the kitchen and actually caught him in a pot flipped upside down. Luis was out at the hardware store, so I called him home to deal with it. We obviously threw out the pot.
Photo Credit: Kathleen Joyce
This morning, we called an exterminator who reported that it looks like we got 'em all, and to not worry there were no signs of anything serious. Luis told him how I caught the mouse, and he said that it probably had eaten the poison (he called in bait, but let's be real here) so he was probably moving slow. I assured him that I am extremely quick, so it could just be my lightening speed.

1. I am so proud of myself: not only for catching the mouse, but not freaking out like a little baby as I do with  pretty mych anything (bugs etc)
2. This is gross. I do not know why I am sharing as I don't want people  to judge/think I have a dirty home... but the more I talked about it with friends, the more common I found out it is. We never had mice grwoing up, so this was apalling to me.  My house is not dirty by the way!
3. The mice were kind of cute.

2 comments:

  1. you are so brave,i don't think i could do it!! count your lucky stars you don't have rats like some of my neighbors here in OT...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meliss. I was so scared but VERY proud of myself when I caught the little guy... and yes, it would have been a whole different ball game if it was a rat and not a cute(ish) mouse.

    ReplyDelete