Friday, January 20, 2012

Adventures in Crockpotting

I have been quiet this week on the blog front, mainly because I have not been feeling my best. I just got back from the doctors (sinus infection- looks like my weekend will be on the couch!) and have some chicken noodle soup in the crockpot. I started it on the stove and put it in the crockpot so I could run out to my appointment and not have to worry about it boiling over as I rested.  As I was catching up on emails, facebook, pinterest and blogging I realized I never posted this picture from last week which believe it or not, was an epic FAIL. It was a beef, butternut squash, white bean soup that I tried to liven up with some mushrooms, mirepoix, fresh herbs, and other spices. I think I did not season the stew meat enough before I seared it in the morning. It was edible but not sensational.

Let's hope the chicken noodle soup turns out better!

What is your favorite crockpot recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment