Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Twas two nights after Christmas...

And all through the house,
everyone was exhausted except for the mouse.
The stockings were hung by the fireplace with care
and the mouse decided to run over there

When out of the tree arose such a clatter
I went over to see what was the matter
It clinked and it clanked and I went over to see
but could not find anything inside the tree

Then Luis came down, but I I forget to say
I heard a noise coming from that way
I saw him standing looking in awe
Because of the mouse that he had just saw

A mouse ran across our living room floor
Whats worse, we saw him run across once more
A few minutes later we stood there with poise
But were shocked yet again with some more noise

Scurrying noises came from our beautiful pine
I couldn't take much more, I began to whine
Take this tree outside right this minute
I believe there is another mouse hiding within it

So out the tree went filled with ornaments and lights
This was not what we were expecting on this 'relaxing night'
We spent the night sweeping up tree needles and glass
We just kept on smiling, neither of us was crass

We were laughing the whole time, how could you not?
Our unexpected visitors had troubled us a lot
We were in it together so everything was alright
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.



This morning, I am reluctant to report that I owe Luis 20 bucks because his traps actually worked and caught a mouse. I did feel terrible though because the little guy was so freaking cute. We don't need any roommates though, unless they pay rent :)



1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. This is a great Christmas poem to read to your children every Christmas Eve!!

    ReplyDelete