Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I LOVE Christmas

I feel like I am not in the holiday spirit just yet. I think it is because I have been so busy, I have not had much time to stop and think that it is coming up.. and fast! I am normally antsy pantsy thinking about Christmas nonstop. We went and chopped down our tree this year-celebrate our first Christmas in our new home. We walked through Eastern Market and found the perfect wreath for the front door, wrapped garland around the banister, bought a new snowflake table runner. Luis even strung giant ornaments from the bare tree in our front yard. Kaitlin gave me a tree skirt last year to celebrate our engagement that says "The Paniaguas." This year, at the secret santa exchange, the best secret santa ever, Ashley gave me a doormat that " Happy Holiday's... The Paniagua's" Jenn gave us a vintage trunk that has two adorable snowmen painted on, that says " snow buddies." I thinkw e are doing pretty well in the decoration department. My mom says she always likes her house the best at Christmas (because she has a lot of festive decor).  I guess two weeks ago when we did all of this, and I made some delicious peppermint bark I felt more christmasy then I do today.  I just need to remind myself to get through the week and I will be home Friday afternoon for Christmas this weekend. I cannot wait to see the kids faces on Christmas morning, especially since they are at my parents and that is where Santa will be dropping off the goodies


 Things I am excited for:
- Christmas Eve at the Morris'
- Christmas Eve church with Nannie & Poopa
- Christmas morning breakfast with Nannie & Poopa and just our family
- Collinson Family party
- Hosting a breakfast for my NJ girlfriends on the 26th
- Celebrating one year of being engaged. Love you Lulu.


Well now, as I type this and listen to Pandora Christmas.. I am pumped.





No comments:

Post a Comment