Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine

We will be spending our 6th Valentine's Day together in a very romantic setting: the Northeast Regional Amtrak car (that's right, not even the Acela). Don't feel too badly for us, we are on our way up to Jersey and then headed out tomorrow morning to Mal Pais, Costa Rica for Brett & Yalile's wedding. A good chuck of the Collinson Clan will be headed down for the nuptials. I am especially excited because my parents, siblings and I have not been on vacation together in quite sometime! We will miss the kids (Hannah & Finn) dearly, but they are in great hands at home.

Everyday is Valentine's day when you're in love.. blah..

Actually, Luis and I have a Valentine's tradition: We have a $10 limit and try to see who can get the worst valentines day present from the local drug store, CVS, Rite Aid, Foodstore. Wherever. We have found some comical items over the years- 3 foot cards, talking Guido frog, a love bamboo plant that is now several years old, soccer ball shaped hearts...It is a fun way to try to out due each other ( I mean, come on let's be real here, who doesn't love a competition).

Our first Valentine's day in college we cooked spaghetti carbonara together in Luis' dingy boy apartment. I happened to make it this past weekend, and I have to admit it was not a coincidence. So I am sucker for love. Sue Me.


<3 Happy Valentine's Day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment